I spied these amazing creations on a recent visit to Jacques Townhouse in London, and decided I had to find out how to make them! After a certain amount of trial and error, I came up with the goods. Here’s how you can too.
What you need
- 1 metre of tulle or net material
- an elastic band
- a book
- ribbon or an extra strip of tulle
What to do
1. Cut the metre of tulle into 6 inch-wide strips. If you can find a spool with the fabric already wound, this will be easier, but I couldn’t! Remember to leave a 2.5 inch-wide strip if you want to use the same material to hang your pom pom.
2. Wind the strips around your book – they should wrap around about 25 times.
3. Carefully cut the material down each side of the book, placing them on top of each other to create a pile of squares.
4. Fasten the elastic band around the centre of your squares to make a bundle.
5. Tie your strip of tulle or chosen ribbon around the middle, covering the elastic band.
6. Slowly start to separate each piece of material, pulling them away from the centre of the bundle, until you are left with your pom pom! Now make loads of them, hang in a disused fireplace and bask in delicious handmade glory!